Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Simply Retro Sun Room

My first time using this program, so go easy on me internet.

Today, I made a Simple (vintage yet retro) feeling room.  I imagine it being a sun room away from all noise/craziness of the rest of the house (can you tell I'm a mom). 

I am very 60's/70's inspired.  I wanted this room to be the first that showed off my personal style.  While it is definitely a work in progress, I will use this as a basis to work off of what I'd like to see in the future.

My choice of color is a little eclectic, a somber shade of orange.  I love it because it reminds me of Fall.  The pop of color in the chairs really brought out the paint along with the white table/accents.


 The bookshelf was another personal favorite of mine.  I love the symmetry of the shelves, yet asymmetry of the books.  A little bit like my own personality - an organized chaos.


This is the view you would see as you walk in the beautiful french doors.  I love the stand alone lamps that give the room a warm inviting feel.  I picture stacks of books next to the owl just waiting to inspire.  The owl is a great addition to any room.  The fact that he is very "70's" just added to the appeal for me.  I also added two flower prints to tie it all together.


I really liked the two teal/white giraffes, so I thought they were a nice addition to the simple table.  I tied them together with the picture frames.  While much of the furniture is of the white/brown design, I really like the black picture frames as they seem to "pop" just a little better.  This wall is the most simple of the four, but I think sometimes less is more. 



This is the entry way into the room.  You'll find the coat wrack to the left.  I have to say I really enjoy the view in each of these pictures.

That brings us to the end of my first design, if you'd like to see more - please follow me by email or Networked Blogs on the right hand side.  Please feel free to leave your feedback! I really do enjoy reading all of the comments I receive, including constructive criticism.  Thanks for stopping by!

~CS

2 comments: